Child Care Phone: 612-827-1237
St. John’s Child Care Center’s staff consists of: a Director, an Assistant Director, Teachers, Assistant Teachers, and Aides. All staff members meet the DHS licensing standards. Staff can be reached at 612-827-1237.
Tina Shear, St. John’s Child Care Director “I began working at St. John’s in 1988. Not sure how time has moved so quickly….. I LOVE working at St. John’s!”
Venita Ditlevson, St. John’s Child Care Asst Director
“I have worked here since 1988. I love the kids and the families that I’ve been a part of for so many years. There is no more rewarding job than working with children!”
St. John’s staff feels that early childhood education should:
- focus on the whole child
- embrace children’s individual differences
- be developmentally appropriate
- teach through active, hands-on experiences
- focus on the importance of play in the lives of children
- provide a safe and nurturing environment
- be culturally appropriate and meet the needs of children from a variety of ethnic backgrounds
Child Care staff are also located on the contact page.